Job Listing Template.
Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College (“NHSC”) is committed to providing quality cultural, academic and vocational education and services to the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Nation; and our staff members strive to maintain high standards of honesty, integrity, impartiality, professional courtesy and consideration for each other, our students and our community
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for college-level math instruction, including 4 classes per semester, up to 12 Credit Hours. Instructor will eventually assume the department chairperson’s duties including program review, curriculum development, and adjunct supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaching: Will primarily teach college level Mathematics courses, leading to an AA degree or fulfilling core requirements; design, prepare, present and evaluate courses in Mathematics;provide individual student evaluation.
- Curriculum Development: Actively participate in curriculum development, including planning, budgeting and assessment processes for Academics Department; actively engage in research and special projects, as assigned.
- Community Involvement: Actively participate in departmental, college and community programs in support of the NHSC Programs, including student recruitment.
- Service: Serve on various NHSC Committees; attend workshops, seminars and in-service programs.
- Professionalism: Comply with all NHSC policies, practices and regulations, including faculty and instructional policies under the direction of the VP of Academics.
- Teamwork:Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Administration.
- Knowledge: Must have extensive knowledgeof math principles,and practical experience teaching at the college level.
- Skills:Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing; must possess computer skills relevant to classroomand educational administrative setting, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Jenzabar.
- Abilities:Must be able to work collaboratively inan educational and classroomenvironment;perform assigned duties with minimal supervision; andestablish effective working relationshipswith students, faculty, staff, and the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Mathematics.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with program review, student learning assessment, and at least two (2) years of teaching experience.
Please forward completed NHSC application, curriculum vitae, three (3) reference letters and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Director
Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College
P.O. Box 490 / 220 8th Ave. N New Town, ND 58763
Fax: (701) 627-3609