NHSC COVID-19 Response
Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College (NHSC) has taken proactive steps in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, by creating policies and procedures embedded in safety for our health care providers, as well as, the safety for our staff, faculty, students and the community we serve.
The primary goals for NHSC’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic are to protect public health and the continuation of the institution’s vital mission of education.
All students, faculty and staff are expected to fully comply with the policies, protocols and guidelines in place, as part of Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College’s COVID-19 Response Expectations and Guidelines.
NHSC Students who test positive for Covid 19 are required to report to the Vice President of Campus Services, Dr. Jennifer Janecek-Hartman. Students must also report the Vice President of Campus Services, Dr. Jennifer Janecek-Hartman if they are under quarantine due to exposure to a positive Covid 19 case. Her email is email@example.com.
NHSC employees who test positive for Covid 19 must report to the Vice President of Campus Services, Dr. Jennifer Janecek-Hartman. Employees must also report to the Vice President of Campus Services, Dr. Jennifer Janecek-Hartman if they are under quarantine due to exposure to a positive Covid 19 case. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Symptom Monitoring Requirement
Before entering the building, you must complete the COVID-19 checklist and be free of ANY symptoms potentially related to COVID-19 or have had evaluation and clearance by your physician. If you have any of the following symptoms, please stay home. Additionally, you should undergo COVID-19 testing. Please wear a face mask to avoid possible virus transmission to others. Consider self-isolating until cleared by medical personnel before returning to daily duties.
At this time, symptoms include one or more of the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Runny nose or new sinus congestion
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New GI symptoms
- New loss of taste or Smell
Personal Safety Practices
NHSC follows CDC guidelines for the pandemic and ‘re-opening’:
- Social distancing will be practiced. No group congregating.
- If you are sick or do not feel well, STAY home!
- If you have tested positive or have recently been in close contact to someone that has tested positive, please do not come on campus and please notify our Campus Security.
- If you have an underlying health issue or fall into the high-risk category, STAY home!
- Face masks are mandatory on campus.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Sanitize hands prior to entering the classroom and limit what you touch. Wipe down keyboard, computer, and mouse before and after use.
- Practice Social Distancing by remaining 6 feet apart from others when capable.
In addition to practicing these recommendations, North Dakota Department of Health suggests frequent testing, isolation of cases, quarantine of contacts and the regular use of face masks in reducing the transmission of COVID-19 among North Dakota citizens.
Click Here for Guidance for Quarantine and Isolation.