Welcome to the NHSC NACTEP page!
On this page you will find the NACTEP program application and the documents needed to successfully participate in the program once you’ve been accepted.
NACTEP is short for Native American Career & Technical Education Project. The NHSC NACTEP program is funded by the Department of Education (DoE). NACTEP seeks to increase the number of Native Americans in historically non-traditional career and technical based workforce tracks. NHSC NACTEP has an overall desire to increase the quality of services provided to the tribal community by assisting participants in their educational training efforts. Adequate training ultimately provides a more polished workforce pool for the community. This is accomplished primarily by providing financial assistance but also providing other types of participant support. NHSC NACTEP hopes to provide personal enrichment opportunities to its participants and provide job placement assistance when possible.
Currently the NHSC NACTEP program is open to students declared in the following majors:
- Nursing or Pre-nursing
- Business Management or Business Administration
- Carpentry Certificate Program
- Welding Certificate Program
- You must live within the exterior boundaries of the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation
- Be an enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe
- Or hold a position that serves the tribal membership of the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation
To be accepted:
- You must be enrolled full time 12 credits +
- You must also have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.5 or better