Teacher Education Department
The Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College Teacher Education Department offers five (5) degrees/certificates.
- B.S. Elementary Education with a minor in Middle School Math*
- B.S. Elementary Education with a minor in Middle School Science*
- A.A. Elementary Education
- A.A. Early Childhood Education
- Child Development Associate Credential
*The two baccalaureate degrees are currently in the process of becoming accredited with the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board and are scheduled for a site visit for the finalization of the process in the Spring of 2010.
The Mada Maagarishtauo Awa Hee Aadsa Maa Aru Maa Giguckiigash (The ones that teach our children how everything on this earth works) program at NHSC will begin admitting students in the Teacher Education Department for preparation of the baccalaureate degrees in the Fall of 2009. Its aim is to bring focus and emphasis on science and math in order to boost those academic areas in the Fort Berthold schools. During their junior and senior years, students will work as a cohort or learning community, taking courses together and interacting in a weekly teacher education seminar to build, reflect, and gain perspective on ideas that were discussed during the week.
Mission and Vision of the Teacher Education Department:
The mission of the Teacher Education Department is to integrate our four core merits of Comprehension, Constructivism, Culture and CREDE (principles of research, education, diversity, and excellence) in the teacher education program. The four core merits will connect our children’s learning to their environment and make meaning in their lives.
The vision of the Teacher Education Department is: Our teachers will create learning experiences that preserve our past and prepare and empower our youth for the future.
- Criteria for Admission and Continuance in Teacher Education
- Student Teaching
- Criteria for Licensure Recommendation
- Teacher Education Student Handbook
- Course Requirements
- Degree Plan for B.S. Elementary Education with minor in Middle School Mathematics
- Degree Plan for B.S. Elementary Education with minor in Middle School Science
- Course Descriptions