IVN Technician Duties
IVN Help Desk Number: 701-777-6486. The automated IVN phone attendant will answer your call.
- Press 1 for Help Desk Services if you are having videoconferencing connection or equipment problems. If you are asked to leave a message, leave your name, site name/room, and phone number to call you back.
- Press 2 for Video Conference Scheduling -scheduling event information or questions.
- Press 3 for Audio Conferencing Scheduling -scheduling event information or questions.
- Press 4 for Office Staff -general questions or redirect calls.
Classroom Technician Duties are outlined as follows:
Operate IVN room equipment during all classes/events as assigned by the Distance Education Coordinator:
- Flip the power switches up that are located on the wall behind the Technicians desk.
- Have the equipment up and running at least 10-15 minutes before the class.
- If NHSC is the host of the course change the main camera to Instructor view.
- Monitor the operation of the equipment throughout the event.
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom cameras to participants speaking.
- Adjust microphone and speaker volumes as necessary.
- Operate computer applications as needed.
Assist IVN presenters/participants:
- Pay attention to the event/class and respond to needs as they arise—Stay Alert!
- Provide assistance and reassurance to any presenters at the site.
- Provide assistance to anyone with special needs.
Report technical difficulties immediately:
- Follow proper procedures to identify and respond to technical difficulties.
- Make the necessary calls (IVN Trouble Line, Technical Coordinator, etc.) to make sure the problem is resolved as quickly and with as little disruption to the event as possible.
- Document all problems (i.e. Event Report, e-mail, etc.) and report the problem to your Distance Education Coordinator.
Help maintain classroom appearance and security:
- Check room appearance after each event (push in chairs, clear off tables, etc.).
- Shut down all TV Monitors and the flip down the 4 power switches behind the Technician’s desk.
- Turn of the lights.
- Make sure windows and doors are locked before leaving the room unattended.