Certificate of Completion: Construction Technology
The purpose of the Construction Technology Certificate Program is to train the student with enough carpentry skills to begin work in the Building Trades field of work. The students will also be training to start his/her own contracting business with the small business that the Carpentry Program will be operating. The student who successfully completes the 9-month certificate training will be entered into the National Craft Training Registry. This Registry also provides transcripts and certificates of recognition for craft workers. The first year student will learn about safety, hand tools, power tools and the basics of how a house is built form the planning to the finished house.
- The student will be able to read a tape measure accurately and perform his or her task in a safe manner
- The student will be able to identify the different adhesives and fasteners used in the construction industry
- Students will be able to estimate how much material he or she needs to finish a construction project
- Students will be able to identify the tools needed for a construction project
- The student will demonstrate proficiency by safely using hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools